Classification of footwear is complex and requires knowledge of construction and materials to determine the correct classification. An Interim Footwear Invoice is a document required to classify the footwear and components for customs. The Sobel Network Shipping Co., Inc. team are experts in importing footwear and navigating the customs process.
Chapter 64 of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) is divided into six headings for particular types of footwear or footwear parts:
- 6401 Rubber or plastics waterproof footwear of molded or cement construction.
- 6402 Footwear with uppers and outer soles of predominantly rubber or plastic.
- 6403 Footwear with predominantly leather uppers and outer soles of rubber, plastics,leather or composition leather.
- 6404 Footwear with uppers of predominantly textile materials and outer soles of rubber, plastic, leather or composition leather.
- 6405 Other footwear not classified in heading 6401 through 6404.
- 6406 Footwear parts and related items.