Classification of footwear is complex and requires knowledge of construction and materials to correctly determine the categorization. An Interim Footwear Invoice is a document required to classify the footwear and components for customs. The Sobel Network Shipping Co., Inc. team are experts in importing footwear and navigating the customs process.
IMPROVING YOUR FOOTWEAR SUPPLY CHAIN
The footwear industry faces many of the same challenges as the apparel industry. By operating within the ever-changing fashion marketplace, footwear brands depend on quick and accurate order fulfillment to maintain a competitive edge. Trends and styles are constantly changing, which leaves a small window of opportunity within the market. Without a responsive supply chain, brands could miss the window of opportunity for their products.
PROVIDING FOOTWEAR ON A GLOBAL SCALE
Sobel is the premier freight forwarder for companies that are hoping to compete in a global market. We optimize your supply chain and logistics processes by providing simplified solutions that meet your needs right where you are. Our warehousing solutions keep track of your inventory, while our customs brokers facilitate the complex customs process. When you partner with a company like Sobel, shipping and tracking your products has never been easier.
Chapter 64 of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS) is divided into six headings for particular types of footwear or footwear parts:
- 6401 – Rubber or plastics waterproof footwear of molded or cement construction.
- 6402 – Footwear with uppers and outer soles of predominantly rubber or plastic.
- 6403 – Footwear with predominantly leather uppers and outer soles of rubber, plastic, leather or composition leather.
- 6404 – Footwear with uppers of predominantly textile materials and outer soles of rubber, plastic, leather or composition leather.
- 6405 – Other footwear not classified in heading 6401 through 6404.
- 6406 – Footwear parts and related items.
DOCUMENTATION & LINKS
WHAT OUR CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY
“As a business owner of a small but aspirational footwear brand, Sobel has been instrumental in not only delivering our goods on time as promised but also helping us with the best shipping options that not only serve our current needs, but also serve our bottom line. Brian and his team make us feel every bit as important as the larger companies he works with. I wish all of our partners made us feel like that.”